Friday 19 June 2009

If Only Life Had a Soundtrack!

If only life had a soundtrack!

Everyone would dance in their living rooms and under bridges and in rainy fields and on empty moonlit cobblestone streets (if the trumpet had anything to say about it.) Pollen carried on spring breezes would be turned into string quartets that were so lovely no one would care about runny noses or itchy eyes. Lady would kindly remind one that they don't have it so bad after all. Bob would wail until you learned to think, and Lily Pons would sweetly tickle your cochlear cilia until it was impossible to be angry.

I imagine people would progressively start to sing anything they had to say. If someone were to cut in front of you while in line, they couldn't possibly want to argue if you said/sang something like this:

(to the tune of Sing from Sesame Street)

Hey, 'scuse me sir,
your place is
behind her. *pointing to the last person in line*
You cut in front of me!
I was here first, you see.
So, would you mind
if I took back
my rightful place in line?
I'm sorry, but you will have to wait
your turn like everyone else.
I don't
mean to whine.

La, la, la, la, la...


Then the other fellow would apologise and boogie to the end of the line, with his frozen veggies doubling as a maraca.

No comments:

Post a Comment